Courses 'Modelling with SOBEK 2'
- 16-09-2013 - Stieltjesweg 2, 2628 CK Delft
- M.C.L.M. (Thieu) van Mierlo
- 6 days
- € 565,-* per day
Whether your focus lies on flood forecasting, operational water management, water quality issues, design of sewer systems, or even all of these issues: the integrated approach of the SOBEK 2 modelling suite software gives you an advantage in solving any water related problem.
In the five-day intensive training course Modelling with SOBEK 2 we will teach you how to get the most out of SOBEK. You will learn to apply it to practical problems, and in the meantime gain a thorough understanding of the program’s backgrounds. You will be trained by our in-house specialists using the latest release, with ample attention for problem formulation, hands-on use and the interpretation of results. Case studies and exercises will form the core of the sessions and participants are encouraged to propose specific problems for discussion.
Finally, extra time has been reserved for specific issues such as: GIS to SOBEK conversion and advanced case analysis and comparison.
After these courses you know:
- The backgrounds of modelling to improve your insight
- How to check your schematization and results to improve the reliability of your advice
- How to visualize your results to communicate your findings
- How to use shortcuts to save time
You are expected to have some experience with SOBEK, or to have gone through the SOBEK tutorials.
The course Modelling with SOBEK consists of six courses of one day each. Each block is dedicated to one or two modules of SOBEK.
- Day 1: Hydrodynamics in Rivers and Channels
- Day 3, Option 1: Hydrodynamics 1D/2D Floodings
- Day 3, Option 2: Hydrology – Rainfall Runoff
- Day 4: Water Quality
- Day 5: Real Time Control
- Day 6: Urban Drainage
The registration fee for this one day course, from 9:00 to 17:00 hrs, is € 565,- excluding VAT.
*50% discount for lecturers at centers of education.
- Wendy Boerhave
- +31 (0)88 335 81 88
- Send mail