XBeach Advanced Course: Vegetation and gravel module
On the second XBeach course, programme attendees will gain advanced understanding on how the XBeach model simulates vegetative damping effects (XBeach-VEG) & hydro- and morphodynamics on gravel coasts (XBeach-G). Moreover, attendees will learn how to apply XBeach-VEG and XBeach-G for research or consultancy studies. NB: the first and second XBeach courses are independent of each other, but can followed sequentially. These paid courses precede the free XBeachX conference. The course and the conference are different in nature.
When utilizing XBeach for modelling, attendees will be able to retrieve theoretical and practical knowledge gained in this course.
- Theoretical: attendees understand
- the background of the non-hydrostatic mode of XBeach;
- how vegetation in XBeach-surfbeat and non-hydrostatic is included;
- the background of the main hydro- and morphodynamic formulations needed to simulate gravel coasts;
- Practical: attendees will know how
- to include vegetation in an existing XBeach model;
- to create a XBeach non-hydrostatic model from scratch to simulate nearshore hydro- and morphodynamic on gravel beaches.
Who should participate
This course is aimed at project engineers, researchers, PhD students with basic experience in XBeach modelling.
This paid course precedes the free XBeachX conference. The course and the conference are different in nature.
This course is part of the Delft Software Days – Edition 2017 (DSD-INT). You can register for this course via the DSD-INT website. If you click on the registration button at the top of this page you will be directed to the homepage of the DSD-INT. You will find instructions for creating a MyDSD account (if you don’t have one yet) and registration there. For payment you will find a link to our webshop (payment via CreditCard, iDEAL or bank transfer).