Advanced course Horizontal directional drilling using D-Geo Pipeline
The course deals with different design aspects and the background theories of horizontal directional drilling. It will focus on design aspects: drilling fluid pressures, borehole stability, pulling force and the pipe stress analysis of the product pipeline. Important factors like soil stress, soil-pipeline interaction and surface subsidence will be treated. The computer code D-Geo Pipeline will be used to examine both these previously mentioned design aspects and how a complete design of a pipeline installation can be made in a short time by horizontal directional drilling. The code D-Geo Pipeline is also useful to check designs in order to allow licenses for drilling under roads, railways, river banks and other infrastructure.
- The background theory of the borehole stability and the soil pressure on the pipeline
- Theory of the calculation of the pulling force during the pullback operation
- The background of the theory of the drilling fluid pressure calculations
- Use of the pipeline software D geo pipeline
- Assessment of the occurrence of the groundwater flow into the borehole
- Design of bundled pipelines
- Design of pipelines in boreholes with a horizontal bending radius.
Design aspects of HDD
- Schematization of the subsoil
- Determination of the required parameters (soil-,pipeline- and operation)
- Correct use of the interaction between soil and pipeline
- Calculation of the subsidence of the surface above a borehole.
The course is developed for
- Project managers and design specialists from contractors
- Project managers and design specialists from engineering agencies
- Specialists from permit and license issuing agencies
- Project managers and specialists from cable and pipeline owners.
The registration fee for this course is € 565, – excluding VAT.
50% discount for lecturers at centers of education.