Geosynthetic reinforced piled embankments (PAOTM)
2016 update of the Dutch Design Guideline CUR226
A piled embankment (dutch: ‘paalmatras’) consists of an embankment on a pile foundation. In a geosynthetic reinforced piled embankment, the embankment is reinforced at its base with a geosynthetic reinforcement (GR). A piled embankment can be built quickly, the influence on adjacent sensitive objects is limited and residual settlements are prevented. An increasing number of piled embankments are being constructed every year.
In the course, the load distribution and load-deformation mechanisms of a geosynthetic reinforced piled embankment will be fully explained. You will have the possibility to practice design with a calculation program and numerical calculations will be introduced. All aspects of design and construction will be explained.
The course is based on the new design guideline Basal Reinforced Piled Embankments which is included in the course price. This design guideline is based on the results of Dutch research, which was conducted in cooperation with many researchers from different countries. Our course leader, Suzanne van Eekelen, was also chair of the guideline committee.
For more information please visit the website: www.piledembankments.com.
Geosynthetic reinforced piled embankments as foundation for transport infrastructure
After following this course, you will be able to:
- judge whether a piled embankment is an interesting solution in a certain case, and determine its limitations and the differences with other systems
- recognize the mechanisms that are decisive for design and which issues are of importance
- apply the 2016-update of CUR226 for the design of the Geosynthetic reinforced piled embankment, including the design of the geosynthetic reinforcement
- pile design according to the Dutch rules
- determine for what purposes numerical calculations are necessary, and you know the main approach how to carry out these calculations.
This course is for
Project managers, advisers, designers, constructors that are involved in the design of basal reinforced piled embankments. Policy makers in transport infrastructure for municipals and regional or national principles. Contractors of transport infrastructure.
|Course leader:||Ms. Dr. S.J.M. van Eekelen (Deltares Delft)|
|Course data:||spring 2020 (each day 9:30 – 17:00)|
|Costs:||€ 1.040,00 excl. btw
Price is including the Book ‘Design Guideline Basal Reinforced Piled Embankments’ and all catering
|Study points:||6 (Kenniseenheden Constructeursregister)|