Delft-FEWS Basic Course in Australia (DFUDA-2018)
In the Delft-FEWS basic configuration course the basics of Delft-FEWS configuration will be explained based on several hands-on exercises and short lectures by Delft-FEWS experts of Deltares.
Delft-FEWS was originally intended for hydrologists and used for Flood Early Warning. Currently Delft-FEWS is used in over 40 countries over the whole world and has expanded its areas of applicability towards droughts, hydropower, coastal systems, data conversion, shipping, dredging and long term scenario studies.
Aim of the course
After taking this course the participants have a good understanding of the structure of the Delft-FEWS configuration. They are able to configure basic functionality in Delft-FEWS and know how to improve their skills and where to look for documentation on more advanced functionality of Delft-FEWS.
In this course the participants learn:
- How to start the Delft-FEWS software
- Where to adjust the lay-out and system settings
- How to import meteo-forecasts
- How to import satellite data
- How to visualize gridded and scalar data
- How to configure Delft-FEWS for your area of interest.
There are no prerequisites for this course. Of course a background in or familiarity with any of the following will be beneficial, however, not necessary:
- Xml-files and editor
- CSV-files and editor
- Delft-FEWS or other operational forecasting software
- Hydrology, Hydraulics, meteorology
The registration fee for this course is AUD 1475.
For any other questions you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org