Delft-FEWS – Coastal Models
Delft-FEWS is a software package developed by Deltares to provide an easy and modular way of setting up operational forecasting systems. Due to the modular approach Delft-FEWS allows you to plug in a wide range of data sources, models and data types. This can all be configured in the Delft-FEWS configuration files.
Delft-FEWS was originally intended for hydrologists and used for Flood Early Warning. Currently Delft-FEWS is used in over 40 countries over the whole world and has expanded its areas of applicability towards droughts, hydropower, coastal systems, data conversion, shipping, dredging and long term scenario studies.
Aim of the course
After taking this course the participants have a good understanding of the structure of the Delft-FEWS configuration. They are able to implement their own models into Delft-FEWS, set up a basic coastal early warning system and know how to expand this system in the future.
In this course the participants learn:
- How to export data from Delft-FEWS to the model
- How to run the model from Delft-FEWS
- How to import data from the model back into Delft-FEWS
- How to visualize gridded and scalar data in a more advanced manner
- How to set up transformations in a generic way
- How to set up basic validation and surge calculations.
Before taking this course the user should be familiar with the basics of Delft-FEWS. Therefore, it is highly recommended (practically mandatory) to take the Delft-FEWS Basic configuration course beforehand.
Furthermore a background in or familiarity with any of the following will be beneficial, however, not essential:
- D-Flow FM modelling (Delft3D FM Suite)
- Hydrology, Hydraulics, meteorology
- Coastal modelling/ Coastal early warning systems.
The registration fee for this course is € 565, – excluding VAT.
50% discount for lecturers at centers of education.
This course was part of the Delft Software Days – Edition 2018 (DSD-INT).
For any other questions you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org