Delft-FEWS – Fluvial Models
In the Delft-FEWS Fluvial configuration course more advanced features of Delft-FEWS configuration will be explained based on several hands-on exercises and short lectures by Delft-FEWS experts of Deltares. It will continue in the direction of fluvial early warning systems, where the Basic configuration course of Delft-FEWS stopped.
Delft-FEWS was originally intended for hydrologists and used for Flood Early Warning. Currently Delft-FEWS is used in over 40 countries over the whole world and has expanded its areas of applicability towards droughts, hydropower, coastal systems, data conversion, water quality and ecology, shipping, dredging, hydrological information systems and long term scenario studies.
Aim of the course
After taking this course the participants have a good understanding of the structure of the Delft-FEWS configuration. They are able to implement their own models into Delft-FEWS, set up a basic fluvial early warning system and know how to expand this system in the future.
In this course the participants learn:
- How to set up basic validation, rating curves and set up transformations in a generic way
- How to interpolate meteorological data for hydrological model input
- How to export data from Delft-FEWS to a model, run the model and import data from the model back into Delft-FEWS
- How to visualize gridded and scalar data in a more advanced manner.
Before taking this course the user should be familiar with the basics of Delft-FEWS. Therefore, it is highly recommended (practically mandatory) to take the Delft-FEWS Basic configuration course beforehand.
Furthermore a background in or familiarity with any of the following will be beneficial, however, not essential:
- Data processingHydrological modelling (WFlow)
- Hydrology, Hydraulics, meteorology
- Fluvial modelling / Fluvial early warning systems.
The registration fee for this course is € 565, – excluding VAT.
50% discount for lecturers at centers of education.
This course will be part of the Delft Software Days – Edition 2018 (DSD-INT). You can pre-register for the course by completing and submitting the form below.
For any other questions you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.