Delft-FEWS – Roadmap Components Course
Delft-FEWS is a software package developed by Deltares to provide an easy and modular way of setting up operational forecasting systems. Due to the modular approach Delft-FEWS allows you to plug in a wide range of data sources, models and data types. This can all be configured in the Delft-FEWS configuration files.
In 2017 and 2018 there have been some major changes to the Delft-FEWS software architecture, driven by the Delft-FEWS Roadmap developments. For the normal Delft-FEWS users these changes are not very visible. The changes can, however, have a big impact on the way Delft-FEWS is used in your organisation.
Aim of the course
After taking this course the participants have a good understanding of the main Delft-FEWS Roadmap changes developed so far. You will understand what will be the additional value of these developments for their daily work and how you can use new components of Delft-FEWS.
In this course the participants learn:
- How the installation and Upgrade of the Delft-FEWS software is simplified
- How to use additional Forecasting Shell Servers in a flexible way on the cloud to expand your computation capacity
- How the Delft-FEWS Archive can be used and integrated in your Delft-FEWS data store
- How the Delft-FEWS PI Web Service works and integrates with de Delft-FEWS Archive
- How to make simple web pages from Delft-FEWS data with the PI Web Service
Before taking this course the user should be familiar with the basics of Delft-FEWS. Therefore, it is highly recommended (practically mandatory) to take the (online) Delft-FEWS Basic configuration course beforehand.
Furthermore a background in or familiarity with any of the following will be beneficial, however, not essential:
- Installation of Delft-FEWS
- Basic understanding of Databases and systems like Tomcat
- Web Services and web development.
The registration fee for this course is € 565, – excluding VAT.
50% discount for lecturers at centers of education.