Environmental Modelling – A Delft3D Flexible Mesh training in Environmental Modelling (for US and Canadian users)
Some areas of applications
• Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), objective evaluation of alternatives
• Sewage and/or storm water outfall studies
• Bio-availability of heavy metals (and organic micropollutants)
• Recirculation of cooling water from power and desalination plants including the release of bio-fouling chemicals such as chlorine
• Simulation of oil spills with floating and dispersed oil fractions.
Objective of the course
Setting up and running a water quality, an ecological, particle tracking as well as an oil disposal simulation.
- Some basic theoretical concepts of environmental modelling
- Some numerical aspect to transport modelling
- Coupling hydrodynamic output to the environmental model input
- Selecting substances and processes with the Processes Library Configuration Tool
- Setting up and running a sediment, oxygen, nutrients and algae simulation
- Setting up and running a tracer simulation.
This course is aimed at
- Knowledge how to model the hydrodynamics
- Project engineers, project leaders and researchers.
Due to COVID-19, we’ll be providing an online version of this course. Potentially, we will make use of pre-recorded content that you can watch at your own pace. Regardless of this, we will have interactive sessions with a Q&A. By keeping the session intimate (with only 10 participants per trainer), we can ensure there is enough time and attention for all questions and discussions.
In preparation of the training, we’ll send you all the material and will ask you to install the stand-alone Delft3D Flexible Mesh application on your own machine. While attending the training, it will be essential that you have a sufficiently fast internet connection to support a video call, as well as a headset.
Online course dates
Session 1: Wednesday, 14 July 2021, 09:00 PDT (12:00 EDT) until 13:00 PDT (16:00 EDT)
Session 2: Thursday, 15 July 2021, 09:00 PDT (12:00 EDT) until 13:00 PDT (16:00 EDT)
Session 3: Monday, 19 July 2021, 09:00 PDT (12:00 EDT) until 13:00 PDT (16:00 EDT)
Session 4: Tuesday, 20 July 2021, 09:00 PDT (12:00 EDT) until 13:00 PDT (16:00 EDT)
For more information and registration please visit the Deltares USA website.