Online Course Delft-FEWS Web Services DSD-INT 2023
With the Delft-FEWS Web Services Course we present new ways to exchange data through the Delft-FEWS Web Service. This course will introduce you to the world of APIs and describes the different web services available within Delft-FEWS. We will cover topics on how to install the web service, how to create your own online dashboards, how to change the Web Service configuration and IT security. The course is oriented towards users who are new to web services and will take you step by step through the necessary actions to effectively setup a Web Service for your own Delft-FEWS system.
The course will be hosted on an online eLearning environment, after participating in the course you will have access to all course materials, instruction videos and exercises for 1 year.
Aim of the course
After taking this course the participants have a good understanding of the Delft-FEWS Web Service. You will understand how you can use the Web Service to make data available to external services and applications.
In this course the participants learn
- What an API is and how the FEWS Web Service is connected to Delft-FEWS.
- How to install the FEWS Web Service including configuration of several files.
- How to make simple web pages from Delft-FEWS data with the FEWS Web Service.
- How to send requests to the FEWS Web Service and learn of different ways of querying an API.
Before taking this course the user should be familiar with the basics of Delft-FEWS. Therefore, it is highly recommended (practically mandatory) to take the (online) Delft-FEWS Basic configuration course beforehand.
Online course date
- Thursday, 17 November 2022, 14:00 – 17:30 CET (Delft time)
- Friday, 18 November 2022, 14:00 – 17:30
The registration fee for this course is € 360, – excluding VAT.
This course is part of the Delft Software Days 2022 (DSD-INT 2022).