Short Course on Evaluating Sediment Transport: Best Practices, Tools, Techniques, and Application to Site Management
Explore common site management questions that rely on sediment stability information. Through a mix of classroom instruction and discussions, learn how to:
- Develop critical information
- Choose the type and amount of data
- Recognize the level of numerical accuracy required to answer specific questions.
Discover the features of the most widely employed devices and methods for characterizing sediment. In the afternoon, delve into quantitative numerical modeling and get insights on how to select a model, such as EFDC and Delft3D 4 Suite. Emphasis will be made on how to develop a technically rigorous hydrodynamic and sediment transport modeling effort that minimizes uncertainty while maximizing efficiency. The short course will conclude with an open discussion where standard and unique site challenges will be addressed.
- Craig Jones, Ph.D. (Integral Consulting Inc.)
- Grace Chang, Ph.D. (Integral Consulting Inc.)
- Katherine Cronin, Ph.D. (Deltares)
For more details and to register, click here.