Online Course Surge Analysis and Hydrodynamic Behaviour of Pipeline Systems
Aim of the course
- Obtain thorough understanding of hydraulic aspects in pipelines
- Learn to select and design mitigating measures to prevent excessive surge (water hammer)
- Deepen knowledge on hydraulic processes leading to water hammer
- Practice hydraulic modelling of pipelines.
The following topics will be addressed:
- Introduction to water hammer and mitigating measures
- Modelling exercises and practical examples with WANDA
- Theoretical aspects of water hammer and rigid columns
- Effect of valve operations
- Practical examples from participants
Temporary licenses for modelling software (WANDA) will be made available.
Who should attend
The course aims at engineers with different educational backgrounds (such as civil, mechanical,
and process) working in the fields of the water industry (i.e. drinking water, wastewater
and cooling water), the process industry (oil & gas) or the chemical industry. Deltares’ long
experience with these courses has proven to have added value in particular to water utilities
and consultants. A BSc degree in water engineering, engineering science, physics, or other
scientific discipline is recommended.
Online course dates
Session 1: Wednesday 8 March 2023, 9:00 – 13:00 CET (Delft time, UTC+1)
Session 2: Friday 10 March 2023, 9:00 – 13:00 CET
Session 3: Wednesday 15 March 2023, 9:00 – 13:00 CET
Session 4: Friday 17 March 2023, 9:00 – 13:00 CET
Session 5: Wednesday 22 March 2023, 9:00 – 13:00 CET
Session 6: Friday 29 March 2023, 9:00 – 13:00 CEST (Delft Time, UTC+2)
Cost and Registration
The course fee is € 1750,- for 6 half days, excluding VAT. If you register before the 1st of January 2023, you will receive € 200,00 discount on the course fee.
The minimum required number of participants is 12. In the event of insufficient interest for the course it may be necessary for Deltares Academy to cancel or reschedule the course. Deltares Academy will endeavour to inform applicants as soon as it has been decided to cancel the course. In the case of cancellation all course fees paid will be refunded in full.