XBeach – Advanced Course – Non-hydrostatic Modelling (DSD-INT 2023)
On the second XBeach course, programme attendees will gain advanced understanding on how the new non-hydrostatic wave resolving mode XBeach-NH+ can be applied to simulate hydrodynamics and morphodynamics. This will include vegetative damping effects (XBeach-VEG) & hydro- and morphodynamics on gravel coasts (XBeach-G). NB: the first and second XBeach courses are independent of each other, but can followed sequentially.
When utilizing XBeach-NH+ for modelling, attendees will be able to retrieve theoretical and practical knowledge gained in this course.
- Theoretical: attendees understand
- the background of the non-hydrostatic mode of XBeach;
- how vegetation in XBeach-surfbeat and non-hydrostatic is included;
- the background of the main hydro- and morphodynamic formulations needed to simulate gravel coasts;
- Practical: attendees will know how
- to include vegetation in an existing XBeach model;
- to create a XBeach non-hydrostatic model from scratch to simulate nearshore hydro- and morphodynamic on gravel beaches.
Who should participate
This course is aimed at project engineers, researchers, PhD students with basic experience in XBeach modelling.
Online course dates
Session 1: Tuesday, 28 November 2023, 15:00 – 18:00 CET (Delft time, UTC+1)
Session 2: Wednesday, 29 November 2023, 15:00 – 18:00 CET
Session 3: Thursday, 30 November 2023, 15:00 – 18:00 CET
The registration fee for this course is € 599-, – excluding VAT.
50% discount for lecturers at centers of education.
This course is part of the Delft Software Days 2023.