XBeach advanced course: non-hydrostatic modelling
On the second XBeach course, programme attendees will gain advanced understanding on how the new non-hydrostatic wave resolving mode XBeach-NH+ can be applied to simulate hydrodynamics and morphodynamics. This will include vegetative damping effects (XBeach-VEG) & hydro- and morphodynamics on gravel coasts (XBeach-G). NB: the first and second XBeach courses are independent of each other, but can followed sequentially.
When utilizing XBeach-NH+ for modelling, attendees will be able to retrieve theoretical and practical knowledge gained in this course.
- Theoretical: attendees understand
- the background of the non-hydrostatic mode of XBeach;
- how vegetation in XBeach-surfbeat and non-hydrostatic is included;
- the background of the main hydro- and morphodynamic formulations needed to simulate gravel coasts;
- Practical: attendees will know how
- to include vegetation in an existing XBeach model;
- to create a XBeach non-hydrostatic model from scratch to simulate nearshore hydro- and morphodynamic on gravel beaches.
Who should participate
This course is aimed at project engineers, researchers, PhD students with basic experience in XBeach modelling.
This course is part of the Delft Software Days – Edition 2019 (DSD-INT).