Advisor/researcher coastal hydrodynamics
Do you enjoy challenging and innovative projects related to coastal developments? Our dynamic Harbour, Coastal and Offshore Engineering team in Delft (The Netherlands) is looking for an advisor/researcher coastal hydronamics and provide for you many opportunities for your own development and initiatives to jointly excel in our field!
The Harbour, Coastal and Offshore Engineering department is formed by approx. 35 enthusiastic professionals working on various marine infrastructure projects. In R&D and non-standard consultancy projects we combine concrete practical relevance with high standards for quality. We achieve this by continuous development of state-of-the-art knowledge and techniques, combined with a high level of client interaction.
We offer you a position where you can work on challenging and innovative projects related to coastal developments, including land reclamations, port developments and intake and outfalls.
What can you expect as an Advisor/researcher coastal hydrodynamics?
- Perform specialist consultancy, innovation and research projects in the broad field of coastal hydrodynamics;
- Work on challenging, international projects related to: flushing of coastal developments, recirculation and dispersion of discharged process (e.g. cooling) water, flow design conditions, coastal development layout optimisation, hydrodynamic modelling as basis for water quality and ecological modelling, etc., using and developing the latest technologies in this field;
- Assist in acquiring projects (e.g. writing proposals), writing reports, presenting modelling results and translating modelling results to advice tailored to the client,
- Assist and advice clients in developing safe, cost-efficient and sustainable designs,
carry out research and development projects to develop new and innovative knowledge products in the field of coastal hydrodynamics;
- Publish your work in relevant journals and give presentations at conferences.
What does Deltares expect from you as an Advisor/researcher coastal hydrodynamics?
- You have an MSc degree in Civil or Hydraulic Engineering, Fluid Dynamics or similar;
- You are fluent in speaking and writing in English and Dutch (or willing to learn Dutch);
- Numerical modelling experience (Delft3D) and Matlab knowledge is beneficial;
- You are an entrepreneur and a good networker;
- You have a pro-active approach towards the market and knowledge development;
- You are eager to develop yourself and reflect upon your performance.
Working at Deltares
We offer an informal, dynamic and challenging working environment. Your personal development and building on your resume is important to us. Therefore we offer excellent training opportunities and future perspective.
Our terms of employment are competitive with a good pension scheme and 34 days of leave. We have special facilities on our campus, like daily lunch lectures, the Delta Flume and our iD-lab
Are you interested in this job and do you fit the job qualifications? Apply directly by uploading your CV and motivation letter, before 27 August 2018. We will get in touch with you within three weeks after the closing date. Only applications via our website will be considered.
If you have any questions about the vacancy you can contact Klaas Jan Bos, Head of department Harbour, Coastal and Offshore Engineering, via +31(0)653674638 or Melissa Ruts, HR Recruitment Officer, via+ 31 (0)88 335 8330.
Sales approaches based on this vacancy are not welcome.Apply for vacancy