Advisor/researcher offshore hydrodynamics
Our dynamic Harbour, Coastal and Offshore Engineering team is looking for an advisor/researcher offshore hydrodynamics! We can offer you a position where you can work on challenging and innovative projects related to offshore wind farms, pipelines and cables.
The Harbour, Coastal and Offshore Engineering department is formed by approx. 30 enthusiastic professionals working on various marine infrastructure projects. In R&D and specialist consultancy projects we combine concrete practical relevance with high standards for quality. We achieve this by continuous development of state-of-the-art knowledge and techniques, combined with a high level of client interaction. Our dynamic Harbour, Coastal and Offshore Engineering team in Delft (The Netherlands) provides you with many opportunities for your own development and initiatives to jointly excel in our field.
What can you expect as an advisor/researcher offshore hydrodynamics?
- Perform specialist advice and research in the field of offshore hydrodynamics (metocean conditions, fluid-structure interaction, wave loads, etc.);
- Use, develop and validate several types of numerical models such as CFD-models (e.g. OpenFOAM), potential flow solvers (e.g. OceanWave3D) to calculate offshore hydrodynamic design conditions and forces on offshore structures;
- Model and test offshore structures in Deltares’ hydraulic facilities, such as basins and flumes in which currents and waves can be generated. Typical projects involve research on (breaking) wave impacts and run-up against offshore structures and vortex-induced-vibrations of structural components or pipelines/cables;
- Analyze field measurements for numerical model validation;
- Assist and advice clients in developing safe, cost-efficient and sustainable designs;
- Assist in innovative applications of the latest technology and products in this field;
- Publish your work in relevant journals and give presentations at conferences.
What does Deltares expect from you as an advisor/researcher offshore hydrodynamics?
- You have a MSc or PhD in Offshore Engineering, Mechanical Engineering (or similar), with excellent results;
- You have good theoretical knowledge on hydrodynamic (flow and wave) processes;
- Knowledge and understanding on structural engineering is a plus;
- You have (basic) programming skills;
- Numerical and physical modelling experience is beneficial;
- You are fluent in speaking and writing in English and Dutch (or willing to learn Dutch);
- You are an entrepreneur and a good networker, you have a pro-active approach towards the market and knowledge development;
- You are eager to develop yourself and reflect upon your performance;
- A (growing) network in the offshore industry (offshore wind) is beneficial.
Working at Deltares
We offer an informal, dynamic and challenging working environment. Your personal development and building on your resume is important to us. Therefore we offer excellent training opportunities and future perspective.
Our terms of employment are competitive with a good pension scheme and 34 days of leave. We have special facilities on our campus, like daily lunch lectures, the Delta Flume and our iD-lab.
Are you interested in this job and do you fit the job qualifications? Apply directly by uploading your CV and motivation letter, before 27 August 2018. We will get in touch with you within three weeks after the closing date. Only applications via our website will be considered.
If you have any questions about the vacancy you can contact Klaas Jan Bos, Head of department Harbour, Coastal and Offshore Engineering, via +31(0)653674638 or Melissa Ruts, HR Recruitment Officer, via+ 31 (0)88 335 8330.
Sales approaches based on this vacancy are not welcome.Apply for vacancy