Internship at Deltares
An internship at Deltares will give you the opportunity to be involved with the day-to-day activities of a leading company in her field. As an intern you will get exposure to real-life projects and challenges in an innovative knowledge-driven environment and gain real world experience. You have the opportunity to work with leading specialists in their field. You will be a full member of the team. Together with the team you will tackle issues raised by one of our national or international clients. Projects at Deltares are always a combination of theory and practical application with an entrepreneurial mind-set.
During you internship you will receive guidance and supervision by one of our employees. He/she is your guide, mentor and colleague.
Deltares has a broad selection of specialisms such as water, subsurface and infrastructure. On the basis of your study, experience and interests we will look into which possibilities we have to offer. We are always curious to hear your ideas and plans.
In short, an internship at Deltares offers you:
- an accelerating work experience in a challenging and innovative environment;
- the opportunity to work with and learn from experts/specialists;
- the possibility to develop your skills and knowledge in our unique culture;
- the environment to grow your network of like-minded interns and professionals;
- an experience that will help shape your future in the most positive sense.
Deltares has a workforce of over the 800. We are located at two offices: Delft and Utrecht, in the Netherlands.
You are a Master student in one of the following fields:
- civil engineering;
- maritime engineering;
- environmental sciences;
- geotechnical engineering;
- (technical) physics;
- (technical) business studies;
- (technical) public administration theory;
- (technical) information technology;
- (technical) earth sciences.
In the case of related studies we will of course also look into opportunities.
- always looking to learn more;
- a team player as well as strong in working individually;
- somebody who exceeds when given challenges and complex questions;
- you are ambitious, energetic, know what you want to achieve and have the drive to obtain it;
- approachable, communicative and always looking for input and feedback.
Interested in an Internship at Deltares?
Please send us a short letter in which you explain why specifically Deltares and what motivates/interests you. Please indicate clearly in which of the ‘Areas of Expertise’ and ‘Issues’ you want to conduct your internship(research) and in which period. For more information regarding the ‘Areas of Expertise’ please use the following link: https://www.deltares.nl/en/areas-of-expertise/ (and by further clicking for ‘Issues’ ). Please also add your CV. You can apply at Deltares via Qandidate (our online vacancy platform).
Please note, all applications should be submitted via Qandidate. Applications via other channels will not be taken into consideration.