Open application for (Junior) Software Engineers, Data Scientists and Projectmanagers
Deltares is an independent knowledge institute in the field of water, subsurface and infrastructure. Our organization has over 800 employees from 36 nationalities. We have a campus in Delft and in Utrecht. Deltares delivers knowledge that makes a difference through high-quality, validated and user-friendly software that is continuously developed. Our software is a global leader and is applied by engineering firms, governments and knowledge institutes. The software is used in solving social issues such as the consequences of flooding, sea level rise and coastal development, but also for the design of flood defences, land reclamation, water distribution and energy transition.
The software is developed by the Deltares Software Centre (DSC) unit. Within this unit, numerical simulation software is developed, using various techniques such as flexible calculation schedules, high performance computing, modelling frameworks and game engines. Because technology is developing rapidly, Deltares is investigating the application possibilities of new technologies for water and subsoil. Think in the field of big data, advanced measuring and monitoring, artificial intelligence and robotics. At Deltares, we constantly give impetus to the innovative strength of our organization, so that new technologies can be used to answer research questions faster and better. Some recent examples are the Aqua Monitor, CIrcle and Delft3D Flexible Mesh.
For the unit DSC we are always looking for new talent such as (Junior) Software Engineers, Data Scientists and Project Managers.
If you recognize yourself in one of the profiles below, we encourage you to apply.
The following requirements apply to all profiles:
- You have obtained your degree in Computer Science, Natural Sciences, Mathematics or a similar degree programme.
- You have demonstrable knowledge of and experience with modern programming languages and tools.
- You have affinity with the Deltares field of expertise.
- You have good social and communication skills.
- You are inquisitive, want to develop further and reflect on your own performance.
- You have an excellent command of the English language.
(Junior) Software Engineers
- You are motivated to work on technical challenges.
- You are result-oriented and are happy to commit to a set of deadlines together with a team.
- You want to develop high quality software in a scientific environment.
- You can make the connection between the latest data science techniques and researchers in the field of water, soil and infrastructure.
- You would like to collaborate with top data scientists from our field.
- You are creative and curious and you like to go off the beaten track.
- You have demonstrable experience with the management of software development projects, in which a team has worked according to an Agile method, such as Scrum or Kanban.
- You are result-oriented, set priorities for this and report on time.
- You strive for continuous improvement of team performance, quality and work processes.
Knowledge and experience in the Deltares field is an advantage.
We offer an informal, dynamic and challenging work environment. Your personal development and building your CV is important to us. We offer excellent training opportunities. Growth is possible, for example in a project team such as scrum master, architect or project manager, but also in the field of research or science. We offer special facilities on our campus, such as our iD lab (an interactive data research laboratory) and the Delta Flume (where high waves can be generated). Our terms and conditions of employment are in line with the market, with a good pension scheme and 34 vacation days.
Has this vacancy aroused your interest and do your qualities match the job profile? Apply directly by uploading your resume and motivation letter, before 31 May 2019. Only applications via our website will be processed.
Perhaps the functions described here do not suit you, but you know someone who fits perfectly in one of the outlined profiles? Then please forward this announcement to them.
Any acquisition as a result of this vacancy will not be appreciated.Apply for vacancy