FLOODrisk 2020: 4th European Conference on Flood Risk Management
Please find all the relevant details regarding the postponement of FLOODrisk 2020.
Flood Risk Management is by definition dealing with uncertainty. Floods occur often enough, but the timing and location of flood events are uncertain, and so is the response of society. But the concepts and methods of flood risk analysis and management are progressively tuned to deal with this kind of uncertainties.
This challenge of scientific innovation and practical adaptation is too big for the current generation of scientists and practitioners. FLOODrisk2020 is therefore committed to attract, coach and listen to the next generation of scientists and practitioners who will future-proof our research methods and help to improve our flood risk management practice in order to better cope with deep uncertainty.
Deltares is part of the organising committee and scientific committee.
Postponement Key Dates
Following our announcement to postpone FLOODrisk 2020 until 21st-25th June 2021 we have outlined the new timeline of events below.
- 17th April 2020 – Postponement Announced
- 30th April 2020 – Special Issue Paper Submission Closes
- 1st May 2020 – Open Author Decision Process
- 31st May 2020 – Close Author Decision Process
- 1st June 2020 – Open Abstract Submission Process / Open Registration for September Publications
- 14th September 2020 – Close Abstract Submission Process
- 30th October 2020 – Abstract Notification
- 2nd November 2020 – Paper Submission Opens
- 11th January 2021 – Paper Submission Closes
- 8th March 2021 – Final Paper Submission Closes
- 21st – 25th June 2021 – Conference Dates