World Water Works 2017
One of the speakers is Dr. Kees Sloff, senior advisor and specialist in the field of river engineering at Deltares and Adjunct Professor at the Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences at the Delft University of Technology.
He is an expert in river, delta and estuary hydrology, morphology, sediment transport, as well as modeling techniques and mathematical-modeling using simulation products such as Delft3D. Dr. Sloff has been involved and in charge of projects on various types of rivers worldwide, ranging from steep mountain rivers to flat lowland rivers and river delta’s, and the different categories of technical and management problems associated with these types.
At the World Water Works 2017, Dr. Sloff will be talking about the impacts of construction of large main-stream hydropower dams on the Mekong Delta. He is presently involved in the studies in design and implementation of these dams, commissioned by the Mekong River Commission. The combined impacts of the main-stream and tributary dams on hydrology and sediment, will have a significant effect on all functions and qualities of the delta. The studies show how technical knowledge helps to guide the discussions and solutions for the Mekong Delta and all the transboundary issues related to the hydropower development.
Confirmed topics and speakers are:
- Denmark/Germany – Fehmarnbelt Fixed Link Tunnel
- Martijn Smitt – Director BAM Infra bv
- France – The Seine – Nord Europe Canal
- Ben Reeskamp – Director of the Project Adjoint Royal HaskoningDHV
- Hong Kong – Zhuhai Macao Bridge
- Hans de Wit – Managing Director Tunnel Engineering Consultants (TEC)
- Italy – The Mose project
- Peter van Westendorp – Director Operations at Strukton
- Netherlands – New Sea Lock IJmuiden
- Jaap Blokland – Project Director OpenIJ consortium
- Jaap Zeilmaker – Project Director Rijkswaterstaat
- Norway – A ferry free E39
- Borre Stensvold – Bridge Director at Statens Vegvesen
- Kees van IJselmuijden – Advisor Bridges Royal HaskoningDHV
- Rob Torsing – Partner Architect at Zwarts & Jansma
- Vietnam – Mekong Delta
- Gerardo E. van Halsema – Asst. Professor Water Resources Management Wageningen University
- Kees Sloff – senior advisor and specialist on river engineering and fluvial morphology at Deltares and Adjunct Professor at the Delft University of Technology
- Michel Tonneijck – Project Manager Flood Protection at Royal HaskoningDHV
- Tran Quang Hoai – deputy Director of the General Department of Irrigation under the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
- USA, New York – Resilient cities
- Piet Dircke – Global Leader Water Management at Arcadis
- USA, Texas – Houston Galveston Bay Region
- Bas Jonkman – Professor of Hydraulic Engineering at Delft University of Technology
- Sam Brody – Director of the Center for Texas Beaches and Shores (CTBS) Professor and George P. Mitchell Chair in Sustainable Coasts, Department of Marine Sciences Texas A&M University at Galveston
The conference will be chaired by the renowed Professor Vrijling from The Netherlands.
For more information and the latest news regarding the conference programme and registration, please visit the website at www.worldwaterworks.eu. More projects and speakers will be announced soon. The full served social programme will make sure you will have two days of learning, sharing, networking and fun.
Registration is closed. For more information, please visit the website at www.worldwaterworks.eu.