D-Foundations – Shallow Foundations (EC7-NL)
This module allows for the design of strip footings, as well as square or circular footings. The verification is based on the Eurocode 7 design code for shallow foundations, and the Dutch National Annex. The Shallow Foundations module takes into account:
- horizontal and vertical loads
- load spread
- eccentricity of loads
- interaction between footings
- automatic optimization of foundation size for given loads
- maximum bearing capacity for a given foundation
- verification of the foundation according to design code
- check on punch through for foundations on non-cohesive layers located above a cohesive layer
- check on tip-over stability
- check on bearing capacity if a slope is nearby
- check on squeezing effects.
D-Foundations – Shallow Foundations (EC7-NL) is available as part of the NL Shallow Foundations service package. For more information, see D-Foundations Service packages.