D-Foundations – Tension Piles(EC7-NL)
For some constructions a foundation capable of dealing with uplift forces is needed. A foundation on tension piles may offer a more economical alternative to constructions that counter the uplift forces by ballast. The tension pile module is used to determine the pile length needed according to the Eurocode 7. D-Foundations determines the tensile capacity and required length for each pile in a user defined pile group for different pile types and selected CPT’s.
The Tension piles module takes into account:
- reduction of cone resistance due to excavation
- safety factors for design
- effects of pile installation
- reduction of stresses due to tension forces in pile groups
- pile weight and weight of soil body being pulled.
D-Foundations – Tension Piles(EC7-NL) is available as part of the NL Tension Piles service package. For more information, see D-Foundations Service packages.