D-Sheet Piling – Earth pressure coefficients
This standard module is intended for the analysis of retaining wall structures. It allows input of straightforward projects and provides tabulated and graphical output of results both on-screen and in a report. Some specific features include:
- Graphical user interface.
- Horizontal soil layers.
- Input of sheet pilings from an extensive library (Arcelor, Hoesch, Larssen, Chaparral).
- Wizard for fast input of combined walls (king piles).
- Anchors, including pre-stressing force and maximum loading force (yielding).
- Struts, including pre-compression force and maximum loading force (buckling).
- Uniform distributed loads at ground level.
- Line loads directed perpendicularly to the wall, moments, variable normal force along the beam axis.
- CPT input from GEF-file or DINO and GEFPlotTool database.
- CPT interpretation model.
- Subgrade reaction model.
- Earth pressure coefficients (Ka, Ko and Kp).
- Elasto-plastic modelling of loading/unloading.
Stress displacement diagram
Modelling of groundwater and water pressures
- Hydrostatic pore fluid pressure from the input of a phreatic surface.
- Additional excess pore pressures.
All settings relevant to staged construction are available in a spread sheet like window. This allows for fast control and provides overview. The following changes can be made between stages:
- excavation or elevation of soil
- adding or removing of loads
- adding or removing anchors and struts
- pre-stressing or pre-compressing in anchors and struts
- alteration of the water table.
Input and output tables, graphs and a report are available for printing, viewing and for export with standard Windows applications through the Windows clipboard. Graphs are available for:
- bending moments
- shear forces
- pore pressures and soil stresses along the beam axis
- results of length design and overall stability checks can be viewed
- reports can be generated for ordinary and verification calculations, containing input and output data, graphs and summaries
- information can also be exported to D-Geo Stability for more comprehensive stability analysis.
The Earth pressure coefficients module comes as a standard module in the D-Sheet Piling Basic package, together with Feasability. It can be extended with other modules to fit more advanced applications. For more information, see Service packages.