Coastal and River Structures
The Coastal Structures and Waves group (CSW) at Deltares focuses on research and consultancy in the field of wave forecasting & wave modelling and the conceptual design, testing and monitoring of coastal and river structures.
The multidisciplinary teams tackle a diversity of technical aspects and site specific problems. Our effective solutions are supported by latest research, expert opinions, numerical tools and results from high-quality laboratory measurements in wave & current flumes and basins. This approach allows us to provide cost-effective solutions while at the same time reducing uncertainties regarding hydraulic loading and structural response.
- Coastal, river and harbour structures.
- Physical & numerical modelling.
- Risk-based approaches & probabilistic design
- Eco(system) engineering & Building with Nature
- Measurement & monitoring techniques.