Middle East – Gulf Area
Since September 2014 Deltares has re-established a permanent local presence in the Middle East Gulf Area. This enables us to operate from offices in Abu Dhabi and Dubai and facilitate much closer interaction with our clients throughout the GCC and wider Gulf region.
The importance of water resources to these desert regions highlights the relevance of Deltares’ knowledge and technology in groundwater management, coastal surface water dynamics and industrial flows as evidenced in our on-going and new projects for clients in these disciplines such as the local Power and Desalination Authorities, Water Authorities and Municipalities. The oil and gas industry has been a frequent user of Deltares’ technologies for prediction of metocean and seabed scour for this area with our involvement in many of the prominent oil and gas projects. Our database of design wave conditions for the offshore areas and our implementation of forecasting technologies in nearshore areas has been adopted by strategic local clients. Nearshore developments of industrial port and island schemes have also called on Deltares to offer support for masterplans and detailed designs. We work closely in the region with dredging companies to complete the cycle of supporting studies from planning to implementation.
Deltares is also supporting research and development through collaborative training projects with research institutes in the region.
Our project highlights include :
- Abu Dhabi – surface water and offshore databases used in design conditions and metocean forecasting
- Dubai – nearshore and coastal modeling in support of development schemes (Jebel Ali Port and offshore islands including all Palm Islands)
- Kuwait – Training and software implementation with KISR in Kuwait City
- Saudi Arabia – Collaboration with Saudi Aramco for technology development and applications
- Qatar – Pipeline route metocean and scour projects
Our resident contact person in the region is:
Mobile : M +971 (0)56 549 1920 (UAE)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org