Middle East – Gulf Area (GCC region)
Deltares, an applied research institute in the fields of water, subsurface, and infrastructure, is a knowledge partner to various stakeholders (including local governments and authorities) in the GCC region and provides expert knowledge related to a range of societal challenges, including climate change adaptation, the energy transition, water security & integrated water resources management, resilient cities and infrastructure, and other topics related to the Sustainable Development Goals. Deltares further collaborates with research institutes and universities in the region for developing knowledge on these relevant topics and provides open-source software (such as Delft3D) and the Gulf Community Model initiative (see http://www.agmcommunity.org/) or open software-platform such as Delft-FEWS.
Next to this, Deltares provides expert consultancy services in the fields of hydraulic and geotechnical engineering and software, such as the WANDA pipeline modelling software that is widely used in the region. Key projects in the region include contributions to the development of the Palm Islands and a Climate Change Adaptation strategy for Dubai, and the Gulf Basin Diagnostic Analysis project (World Bank) in which we supported identification of water-related problems in regional waters and identified potential strategies for prevention and remediation.
Deltares’ track record in the region dates back to the ‘70s of the last century, with many iconic projects and a permanent presence in the GCC region. This enables us to operate from our office in Abu Dhabi and facilitates close interaction with our clients throughout the GCC and wider Gulf region.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Sustainable development and management of offshore and coastal zones
- Climate Change impact analysis and adaptation
- Integrated Coastal Zone Management
- Resilient cities and urban resilience
- Integrated water resources management
- Renewable Energy and district cooling
- Resilient infrastructure (planning, assessment, and adaptation) and Infrastructure renewal and renovation
- Natural hazards and adaptation measures
- Nature-based solutions and ecosystem health
- Real-time water information for flood and hydrological forecasting
- Rivers, canals, inland waters and estuaries
Our resident contact person in the region is:
Mobile : +971 (0)56 549 1920 (UAE)
Email : email@example.com
Metocean Database for the offshore waters of Abu Dhabi, U.A.E
Deltares developed a highly accurate and detailed database of operational and extreme metocean parameters for the...
Morphological studies for Al Faw port
Iraq wants to build a modern port as part of its long-term commitment to transforming Iraq...